Monday, August 3, 2009

Flower Song

It was not so long ago,
though the memory is fading;
there are moments when
I still can feel your touch.
This much I remember:
once upon a time,
you held me to your heart
where I could have stayed forever.
I felt so safe and warm.
Your arms were my strong refuge,
and time stood still for us.
But suddenly you let go,
and I fell into the cold.
Feeling frozen, numbed
by your indifference, I lay still.
I never knew you until then:
so much I hadn't seen.
I had been so very wrong about you.
And some may take the crumbs,
but the crumbs are not for me.
Because love is giving wholly,
and giving without end.
I will never bend to less;
my love is worth much more.
So it is firmly in my mind,
this much I know:
that the only one who'll hold me
must be strong and good,
steadfast and sure.
He will have fire in his heart
instead of snow.